Dazed and Confused, the first teen comedy-drama from the Nineties that happened to require place on the end of the world of college in 1976. Packed with bongs, bell bottoms, and brewage busts, the film was a stunning, unhappy explore young life at the mark of America’s bicentennial. Here are some fun facts regarding the film that you just might not have already known.
- Milla Jovovich, who appeared on the film’s poster, had a reasonably little role within the film. however that’s as a result of most of her dialogue was cut. Despite the reduced screen time, she created her mark by causative associate acoustic excerpt of her song “The Alien Song” from her 1994 album The epic poem.
- Jovovich was solely sixteen throughout photography. once she and choreographer Andrews, WHO contend her on-screen adult male Kevin actress, eloped to urban center, her mother at once had the wedding annulled.
- A part of the subplot that includes Michelle (Jovovich) concerned her KISS statues, that were to be taken by the police. KISS frontman cistron Simmons bought the statues, and later sold them at auction for $6,000.
- The film’s title comes from a light-emitting diode Zeppelin song, though there area unit none of the band’s songs on the audio recording. In fact, Linklater tried to induce the rights to play “Rock and Roll” over the top credits; Jimmy Page in agreement to permit it, however Henry M. Robert Plant same no. Meanwhile, a couple of sixth of the film’s budget (which was in total $6.9 million) was spent on shopping for rights for songs on the audio recording.
- In 2004, 3 highschool classmates of Linklater’s filed a legal proceeding against him claiming he didn't get the permission to use their likenesses and names in Dazed and Confused. Their names were police officer Wooderson, Andy isopod, and Richard Floyd. The legal proceeding was tossed out for statute of limitations reasons.